University of Birmingham/UKEAS Nigeria Outstanding Achievement Scholarships 2017/2018 for Undergraduate Nigerian Students
Posted by: Kadiri Alex
For: Crystalinks Education
The University of Birmingham UK is offering a joint award with UKEAS for Nigerian students to apply for Outstanding Achievement Scholarships to pursue undergraduate studies in 2017/2018
Application Deadline: 31st May 2017
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Nigeria
To be taken at (country): University of Birmingham, UK
Eligible Field of Study: Arts and Law, Life and Environmental Sciences, Social Sciences
About the Award: The University of Birmingham is pleased to announce the award of 4 scholarships of £5000 for Nigerian students applying for entry to an undergraduate programme at the University starting September 2016.
These are joint awards with the University’s local representatives UKEAS, and will be awarded to high performing students starting their University of Birmingham programme this year.
Type: Undergraduate degree
Eligibility Criteria: In order to be eligible, candidates must:
- Have received an offer and selected the University of Birmingham as their firm choice for a full time undergraduate programme starting September 2017. The student must be entering the first year of an undergraduate programme based at Birmingham’s UK campus.
- Meet the academic conditions of their offer to the programme.
- Be classed as Nigerian national or domiciled/ resident.
- Be classed by the University as an overseas fee payer for tuition fee purposes and be able to pay the outstanding tuition fees not covered by the scholarship.
- Have sufficient funds to cover the full cost of living at the University of Birmingham, plus any visa/travel expenses associated with studying in the UK.
- Start their studies at the University in September 2017 (the scholarship award may not be deferred).
- Be registered with, and have their undergraduate study application attached to, one of our local representatives listed here in alphabetical order: Bridge House Counselling, SI-UK (‘Study In-UK’), and UKEAS.
- Accept an offer from the University of Birmingham and select Birmingham as their firm choice by the scholarship application deadline and be in contact with one of our local representatives listed above by this scholarship deadline of 31 May 2017.
Number of Scholarships: four (4)
Value of Scholarship: The scholarship award is for £5000 towards tuition fees for the first year only of a full time undergraduate degree programme at the University starting September 2016.
Duration of Scholarship: one year only
How to Apply: To apply for the scholarship students will need to have accepted an offer from the University of Birmingham and be in contact with one of the university’s local representatives.
Selection for the award will be based on academic merit. No interview will be required.
Decisions will be announced in mid-July and the scholarships will be awarded upon the students’ enrolment in September 2017.
Scholarship Provider: University of Birmingham, UK and UKEAS
Important Notes: The full scholarship will be awarded upon enrolment on studies in September 2017. Students already registered and studying on a programme at the University of Birmingham are not eligible for the award.